The man who says he can and the man who says he can’t are both right.
We serve a God who is limitless. That’s difficult for us to grasp because we are often aware of our own limitations.
Eph 3:14-21, a prayer of Paul. We are to know the love of Christ which surpasses understanding. There are some things that are just beyond our ability to grasp the awesomeness of, just how truly great and magnificent they are. The pursuit of that requires several things:
- Regularity of reflection, not just on Sundays
- Promoting praise constantly, not just on Sundays
1. We should be astounded by how great Christ’s love is. 1 John 3:1ff. We are God’s children! And this is just the beginning. When He appears we shall be like Him.
2. His name. Phil 2:9, His name is above every name i.e. He occupies a place that has no rival in any realm. What Jesus was willing to surrender and undergo... how can we fully grasp that?
3. Awed by His ways which are so unfathomable. Rom 11:33-36. Oh the depth of the wisdom and knowledge of God. Isaiah 11:6; 65:24-25. For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. Wrap your mind around that a while.
4. Compelled by His help so personal. Each person here is on God’s radar, all the time, every minute of every day! He wants to be personally related to me in the closest way possible. Thoughts of God should determine the fervor of our worship, the awareness of His nearness should positively affect our behavior.
We can’t spend too much time being impressed by God!
Ps 139:17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! 18 If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You.
When you awake in the morning, is God your first thought? He is thinking of you then.