Eph 6:12, we are to be spiritual warriors Our adversary is hard at work. We need to put on the full armor of the Lord, all of it. Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, verse 12 says, but against the rulers, the powers, the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. Are you spiritual? 1Co 14:36 Or did the word of God come originally from you? Or was it you only that it reached? 37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord.
38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant.n39 Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues. 40 Let all things be done decently and in order.
Concerns: 1. What impact would the use of these spiritual gifts have upon unbelievers in the first century? Even though spiritual gifts have ceased, we need to also consider that in our assemblies, how what we do impacts people not familiar with our worship services.
2. Edification. Things need to be done orderly to be edifying
3. It’s also about respect for God’s purposes.
4. We must absolutely avoid ungodly attitudes and must pursue godly, selfless attitudes.
Observation: There is an increasing restlessness and discontentment among many who worship among us. Why is this happening? Is it them? Is it the influences in their lives? Or is it a problem with us, something we’re failing to see or do in our approach to God. Maybe we need a change in environment? That can be fresh, give us a shot in the arm, people are new. But what about 4 years from now? Will we feel a need for a change again at that time? Back to the question, Are you spiritual? Some observations: 1. A spiritual person has constant awareness of the spirit realm. It doesn’t matter what others think of you, whether they belittle you or think you’re nuts. You have the mind of Christ, those things don’t matter.
2. A spiritual person is devoted to the instruction from that realm. We need to know the Word of God, to be equipped with it. The more we study it the more we will understand what it means to be spiritual.
3. The spiritual person engages in worship that emanates from the inner person. John 4:19-24. Worship in spirit and truth. Worship is no longer about location like it was then. In the new covenant it is about people, wherever they are bringing to God a willing, genuine, sincere heart to His throne. It’s not about heritage anymore. It’s about coming to Him with your heart. If you want to find zest in your worship, you need to look into your own heart. That is where you will find it. Worship is between you and God.