We need to be able to answer these two questions: Who am I? Why am I here? Christians need to have a strong sense of self.
Consider how God sees you:
- as redeemed. The cost of your redemption was huge, the blood of Jesus. You have tremendous value to God. He wants to employ you in a great cause, for a great purpose.
- Your life has been salvaged. Isa 62 tells us we have an entirely new status as believers. We are no longer desolate, no longer forsaken. 62:12: "they will call them the holy people, the redeemed of the Lord."
- An instrument, a vessel for honor. Proverbs 20:11: "it is by his deeds that a lad distinguishes himself, if his conduct is pure and right." We need to see our place in society, whether as a student, a businessperson, an athlete, whatever, as a platform from which to serve the Lord and influence others for good.
- As servants. Serving Him and serving others.
- As equipped. He has promised to equip us for the work, once we commit to serving Him.
- As glorified. Who He has called He has also glorified. He has eternal intentions for us.
That is who you are as a child of God. No matter what happens to you, keep this with you. There will be challenges from the adversary. Songs: Teach me Lord to wait. Where He leads me.
How real is your faith? Who are you at the core? Superficial or super-faithful? Are you walking daily with the Lord? Do you trust God to accomplish His purposes in you? Can you say, where He leads I will follow?